Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 ranks among the best games in the franchise. But, the game isn’t perfect as PC players are experiencing errors and issues with the game and Dev Error 6068 is one of them. Here is how to fix Dev Error 6068 in Modern Warfare 2019.
Modern Warfare Dev Error 6068 Fix
According to PC players, they are experiencing the “Dev Error 6068 – DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error” while trying to play Modern Warfare. The fix for this error is simple, just make the following changes.
- Set display to Windows borderless
- Set refresh rate and FPS limit to match the monitors
- Made sure you have the latest Windows Update
- Turn off GPU overclock and revert back to stock clocks
- Turn off XBOX Game Bar
- Turn off RTX
- Turn off MSI Afterburner and all other overlay apps
- Set game to HIGH CPU PRIORITY on Task Manager
- Set particles setting to Low
- Turn off Nvidia overlay through Geforce experience
Apply these settings and Dev Error 6068 will be fixed. In case the error persists, then try reducing the GPU clock by 100 Mhz using MSI Afterburner. Ideally, you won’t have to reduce the GPU clock more than 200 MHz before it normalizes and the Dev Error 6068 is fixed.
In case you don’t want to mess with the GPU clock, then try limiting the game’s FPS. If you are playing at an unlocked FPS, then cap Modern Warfare at 60 FPS. In case you are playing at 60 FPS, then cap the game at 30 FPS. Open Nvidia Control panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > select Modern Warfare. Turn on Max FPS Limit and set it to 30. This will cap the game at 30 FPS and will fix the Dev Error 6068.
That is all for our Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6068 fix. Also, see our fix for 100% COU Usage.